Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Listening to Music in a Different Language...

     Recently, I realized that whenever I have an open mod in school, I usually spend that time doing homework-while listening to music in Korean. Now to get this clear, I don't understand Korean. All I know in Korean is "Saranghae," "Oppa," "Annyeonghaseyo," and "Arrasou," and very basic words..that I've learned from Korean Dramas. After observing how much work I could get done while listening to Korean music. Now, if you're a person who is only fluent in English, then you're in luck. You could easily listen to any other language you don't know! 
     I find listening to music in a different language benefits you because when you are listening to a song in a language you don't understand, you will focus less on the actual words. While as if you are listening to a language you know, when you are trying to focus, the lyrics that you understand will distract you. 
     So next time before you play a Lady Gaga or One Direction song, try putting a song in another language. Some good choices to start with is (if you're interested in Kpop/music) listen to bands such as CNBlue, 2PM, or Shinee. Girl bands? Try f(x) or Girl's Generation. If you understand Vietnamese like me, probably don't try listening to Vpop...it would distract you. BUT, if you don't then I strongly recommend listening to VPop and music. Not cai luong because that music is very...uhh, I'd rather not say...Some of my favorite Vietnamese music to listen to (when I'm not doing homework) is 365daband, Dong Nhi, or Suboi. Try searching different kinds of music on http://www.nhaccuatui.com/ 
     Good luck! Hope you liked my tips, and Saranghae! 

No comments:

Post a Comment